novo multilevel menu

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Best 11 of the Season 1st Ceremony Awards


As always in the end of the season it’s awards time. This season Centro Desportivo picked their own best 11 of the season.
Hello and welcome the 1st seasonal best 11 awards. Today we kickoff the 1st ceremony awards that will happen every season from now on. I really hope that this award adds a new level on the already existence excitement and entertainment around POR1A and be a success like the other events.
So let’s start our ceremony with the 1st award.
Goalkeeping is a very hard position now days as everything can happen, you can punch a ball and it can get in for an own goal or you can save and…. The ball can pass through your legs and give an unexpected win to your opponent.
Best Goal Keeper
The Nominees for this position are
And the winner is:


Rene Higuita is controlled by Vermeire and his on FC Estuera since the beginning. Currently is 24 years old and he was responsible for the awesome 2nd leg of the team on the championship. He was 5 times Man of Match and only suffered 4 goals throut season. Did a fantastic rating of 7.7 with a 1.2 save per match, he still has a lot of potential to develop on seasons to come and will be a though keeper for the teams to beat.
Rene Higuita - Oh, I must say I'm very surprised. But I'm very happy to be in the best 11 of the season of course. This award is for my teammates and my manager, without them the matches wouldn't be fun and they are doing a great job. It's great to have such a fantastic team in front of you. Our defense did a great job this season (like the rest of the team) so it's a reward for them as well.
Let’s move for the next award,  a best 11 of the season always has 2 SD’s and we choose the both SD’s that preformed in a top notch (no, it’s not Cravos de Prata’s players) giving their team the security they needed on the sides.

Here are the nominees for
Best Side Defenders

And the winners are:



FC Portus Cale ended the season in 6th, but they can’t blame this side defender for any mistakes and to be honest if it wasn’t for Viv Anderson’s top performance as a side defender, his team could be on a worst spot. Viv Anderson won 5 times the Man Of Match award and got a rating of 8.2. Viv Anderson is controlled by GhostsForge and is on the team since season 9. Currently he’s 26 years old and has a 40% of succeeded tackles. He completed 84% of the passes and got 3.5 Interceptions per match.



FC Estuera after getting the best Keeper award now sees another of his player to win, Juan Team in Wales. He joined the team last season (s10) and already making an impact in the Portuguese League. 24 years old English man controlled by pinballgkh got 7.8 in rating and was 4 times Man of the Match. He succeeded 79% on his tackles and made 75% completed passes.
Juan Team in Wales - That’s very nice of whoever voted/decided, I really enjoy playing in this league and it’s quite a challenge for a 24 yo SD. There are a lot of good SDs in this league and I’m really envious of a lot of their characters so it’s great to be awarded the prize 'best SD'. Thanks guys
Great, so let’s move for the next categories. A Defensive line always need’s Central Defenders and for our 1st best 11 of the season we chosed e defenders that are really a wall to any opposing team.

Best Central Defenders
The nominees for this category are:

And the winners are:

The most fearful wall on our league is definatly Pepe Pinto. He got 8.3 on rating and was 4 times Man of Match. 90% of his passes were completed and he tackled 50% successfully on his attempts. The bold mean machine got 3.6 interceptions per match. Pepe Pinto is controlled by dendroaspis and the character is a 24 years old.
Pepe Pinto - Quite the surprise, honestly. Spending the crucial last games "injured" was pretty painful, mostly when the championship could've been decided in the last 3 games. Relatively to the award, it's a bittersweet feeling, as individual awards can't be that much enjoyed when a team fails to win a championship in the last game and, therefore, loses its high morale. Nonetheless, it's a particular matter of pride, for me, because defenders generally receive so much less attention from fans and the media rather than goal scorers. Thank you.


Tito Gladiador has a solid career as a central defender and eve thou he changed team leaving the 4 times champions in a row SFB to join Estuera, Tito Gladiador managed to help his team to do a great 2nd leg of the championship in terms of defense.
Tito Gladiador was 4 times Man of Match and made a rating of 8. He made 83% of his passes completed and had 2.8 interceptions per match.

Tito Gladiador - It is with great pleasure that I come to this ceremony to receive this award. It was unexpected, cause other position colleagues did a great job, and in the beginning of this season I´ve changed team, so I suffer a bit in team chemistry.
Thanks to my teammates and thanks Centro Desportivo.

It is good to see the humbly of the players when they receive the awards. Now let’s move forward to Side Midfielders. There are a lot of teams that rely on their Side Midfielders to create attacks and this is obviously a competitive position. So let’s move on to

Best Side Midfielders:
The nominees for this category are:
And the winners are:

Joe Shank is a 27 years old controlled by joe shank. He got 7.7 on rating and was 2 times Man of the Match.
Joe ShankI dedicate this award to to my team mates and manager. Happy to win the award however I think this was my worst season I have had to date I was very poor and I am looking to improve big time next season... I have to or my team mates will not stop laughing at me every time  I fail and that’s alot this season.


Unfortunately David Hinojosa couldn’t be here as he is on vacation enjoying his off season.
Our best 11 of the season has one Central Midfielder, the midfielders are very important on a team especially if you use ball possession. There are some teams that prefer the long ball as the way to play making central midfielder obsolete.
Here are the nominees for

Best Central Midfielder
And the winner is


Mossy O'Toole is from Ireland and has 25 years old. He plays for Setemares since season 7. He got a rating of 7.2 and was Man of Match 1 time.
Mossy O'Toole - are you sure? This smells fishy, I demand a recount.
I don't know who nominated or voted for me, but they have clearly been drinking the Kool-aid. Thanks, I guess. As anybody else who plays CM will know, it is important to have a good understanding and partnership with your fellow central midfielder. So I'd like to share this makey-uppey accolade with Gestorewww.divin.it who I think had an excellent debut season with Setemares. Having made the decision to quit FID, that will be my last full season, so it feels good to end it on a high.

And we move toward the end in a fast pace now and our next category is

Best Attacking Central Midfielder
The importance of having a good attacking maestro is big so this is a very important position for a team that loves to play on an offensive way. Being creative and fast is essential attributes as having a good passing skill
The nominees for this category are:

The best ACM is

David Gonçalves is controlled by Vicestab and is a 26 years Old Portuguese character. He got 3 times Man of Match and made 8.6 as rating.
David Gonçalves - I'd like to thank all the bad midfielders (specially MemphisWill) who made this dream of mine come true, allowing me to win not only this but many other prizes and awards which increased my rating by 1.6k. I'll send you all a personalized noobcake one of these days.

Ok, so now it is the time to see who are the best Strikers on the league.
Best Central Forward
The winners are:

Ptara Gomes scored 62 goals on the league and won 5 times Man of Match. He made 7.7 as rating and his shooting percentage was 78%.
Ptara Gomes - I would like to thanks all of MO players, specially David who made an incredible season with so many amazing passes. My mom, my dad, my sister, my coach, my dog, my bird, all of my meals. My sponsor, thank you too to my sponsor's wife. And of course, I wanna say thanks to all the poor CD we have in this league :P


Radamel Falcao scored 31 goals and won 3 times Man of Match. He made 7 as rating and his shooting percentage was 75%
Radamel Falcao - Wow. Thanks a lot for the award. I’m really happy for being in the best 11 spot beside Ptara. I think I deserved it because I really pushed up Blackout FC for the place they ended with my goals. 4 goals that gave us 4 wins against fully active teams, so 12 points right there. With low Chemistry in big part of the season, so I think 31 goals was a great mark for me. Thanks to Centro Desportivo for the great job that is doing for our League. Cheers.

And that’s it. I hope you enjoyed it and it motivates you for the next season. Just to finalize here is the formation of the Best 11 of the Season!



4 comentários:

  1. Congratulations Vice...not hard to beat Cooper-Young last season as he's been in desperate need of an adjustment since I took him over. Now that he'll have that let's see who wins next season.

    Honored that you think so highly of me to mention me by name. It's nice to know you admire me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Memphis is mad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job ! and congrats to all of the winners !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job.
    btw, new layout looks great also

    ReplyDelete

.